Developed through working with one of our sponsored riders - Sam Lyle and after many months of field testing, we believe all models in the Zilco Performance Boot range offer the best shape, fit and protection available to stand up to the fast paced, extreme conditions experienced in cross-country riding.
Although designed for the cross country course, all models are suited to a range of performance sports.
All models in this range feature:-
- Tough 1680 Denier polyester outer
- Wear pads designed to reduce weight yet provide protection to the legs
- Breathable, quick dry lining that will not retain water or sweat and allow ample airflow
- Wide reinforced touch tape straps for a secure fit
- Easy maintenance - simply hand wash in cold water
This model offers ample protection in the front, yet maintains enough feel for the horse to be aware of any obstacles. These boots also feature reflective, high visibility ribbon for safety in low light conditions and shatterproof protection plates on the tendon for optimum protecton.
Set of 2
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts