Quality girth from Thorowgood England. Girths designed for horses with a medium to medium wide back width. Elastic at the end of the girth which is visible to check your girth safety each time you get on your horse.
Our award-winning Airoform GP gets better and better. We've used the same stay-soft Airoform cushioning as it really does stay that way no matter how much use it gets and eliminates any pinching of the sensitive skin behind the elbows. Plus we have designed a new double-layer stitching system for your peace of mind. Treat your horse to some luxury!
- Textured for airflow and extra comfort
- Shaped to fit
- Elasticated inserts reduce pressure and make tacking up easier
- With stainless steel roller buckles each end
- Needs no oil or soap just simply sponge clean
- With new double-layer stitching system for your peace of mind.
It is a good habit to clean your girth after each use for longer life of the girth and the comfort of your horse. Sweat is what causes the girths to go hard if not removed and cracking will occur.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts