Thorowgood T4 Cob All Purpose Saddle is a great all-round saddle for the rounder build, an All Purpose for the low withered Cob-type horse. This saddle offers close contact to avoid that perched on top feeling.
A Versatile medium depth seat is ideal for a range of riding activities. It has four girthing options to achieve maximum saddle stability. A luxurious suede-effect seat covering and knee pads are non-slip and really comfortable to ride on.
Flocked with 100% British wool. Use the Thorowgood S Bar gullet with this saddle
- Always girth in the neutral position (2 & 3) when the saddle is first ridden.
- If the saddle moves forwards use positions 1 & 3.
- If the saddle lifts at the back use 2 & 4.
- For increased stability, on a round barrelled / flat backed horse, use positions 1 & 4.
Caring For Your New Saddle:
- DO... Remove any heavy mud or thick dirt with a damp sponge
- Extend the life of your girth straps by using a girth with roller buckles such as a Thorowgood girth
- On the Synthetic parts of your saddle use a pure mild soap to clean the saddle
- DON'T... DON'T Clean any part of your saddle withtraditional household soap or oil
- DON'T Spray your saddle with any domestic cleaner or polish
All materials sourced in England and Manufactured in England
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts