Very deep seat, with narrow twist and high cantle. Advanced/forward blocks and flaps.
- Seat sizes: 17” & 17.5”
- Panel/Gullet: 10mm (wide), 15mm (medium wide), 20mm (medium)
- Colour: Black
- Leather: Buffalo
All Luc Childeric saddles are designed to embrace harmony of movement and clear communication between horse and rider. Beautifully providing total freedom of movement for the horse and a secure and balanced position in the saddle for the rider. Renowned for exquisite quality, Luc Childeric dressage saddles are hand crafted in buffalo leather over an aged birch wood tree, providing the best experience with ultra-close contact between horse and rider. The Buffalo leather used on Luc Childeric saddles looks almost like suede but after a few rides the leather takes on a smooth almost matt finish, providing superior grip for the rider.
The DHE suits riders who find the straighter riding position of either the DSG or DAC restrictive. The combination of no thigh pad, forward angled knee blocks, advanced flaps, narrow twist, and a very deep seat offer the rider a secure, forward balanced position with comfortable leg freedom.
Every Luc Childeric saddle is made to order and selected to give the ideal combination of leather, tree, and panel for Australian horses and riders. How-ever some situations require unique combinations to provide our clients with the perfect fit. If your horse requires a made to order saddle our saddle fitter will take all the necessary measurements and order the saddle for you.
It is important to choose the right saddle because the width of the tree in Luc Childeric saddles cannot be adjusted. Minor adjustments can be made to narrow the gullet by using wool felt shims but a Luc Childeric Saddle can only be widened by replacing the panels with thinner ones. It is recommended that all repairs and alterations are performed by a Luc Childeric trained saddler.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts