The Luc Childeric DAC DGP Saddle is handcrafted in France by quality craftsmen.
- High quality hand carved Latex panels in a concave and convex shape for the horse
- Hand Stitched Welt in the seat of the saddle eliminating lumps and bumps
- Aged Birch tree wood used in the Steel wood tree
- Buffalo leather
The DAC is one of the original model saddles in the Childeric range. The saddles come in different mm panels. As a guide a 15mm is a Medium Wide while a 10mm is a wide. Some horse's require a special combination panel.
The DAC/DGP is one of the best known models from Luc Childeric. Released in 2001, it is one of the best sellers. With its semi-hollow seat, it is suitable for most riders, allowing freedom and mobility. Medium and straight cleats for a great support of the leg and help induce a vertical position without constraint.
This mono-quarter dressage saddle has V-straps for a perfect fit on the horse's back. This saddle allows an excellent distribution of supports which has been designed for the competition and the daily work of the sport horse.
Luc Childeric saddles are made entirely to measure, allowing to adjust perfectly to the morphology of the rider and that of his mount. Totally customizable thanks to a large choice of options, it is possible to create a unique saddle.
- Can be ordered with contrast orange stitching or black
- Each saddle is made by hand and made to measure
The size of the Childeric tree cannot be adjusted. Minor adjustments can be made with pure wool felt shims by a Childeric trained saddler.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts