Designed to allow a greater connection with the horse, the forward seat precisely aligns the rider more ‘in’ over the horse’s centre of balance.
- Surface-mounted thigh block gives the experienced rider support without restricting their position
- Patented Performance Panel is proven to help the horse move more freely, improving extension, flexion and gait symmetry
- Use the shoulder blocks to fine tune the amount of leg support the rider requires
- Customise the blocks to allow the rider to sit squarely on a horse with asymmetrical shoulders
- Luxurious, super-grippy Italian calf leather
All Fairfax saddles are designed using the scientific research and development that goes into our Performance and World Class ranges. Every saddle benefits from our pressure-relieving design experience – so the horse benefits too!
- Handmade in England. All our saddles are handmade in Walsall, England by highly skilled Master Saddlers.
- Prolite®-lined panel
- The wool-flocked panels are lined with a layer of Prolite® for proven pressure distribution, while still allowing for traditional re-flocking on site
Changeable Gullet Bars
All saddles feature a changeable gullet bar (R-Bar) which allows the saddle fitter to choose the width fitting that best suits the profile of the horse’s withers. The bars can be changed quickly and easily as the horse develops or changes shape.
British Wool Flocking
British wool provides superior softness and comfort for the horse. Each saddle has two flocking slots which make it easy for your saddle fitter to make quick fitting adjustments on site.
The correct care of your Fairfax saddle is essential. Follow these instructions to ensure years of happy service from your purchase
If you have purchased your saddle new, it will come with a tube of Rapide Leathergel. Apply a generous coat of Rapide before first use, using a soft cloth or sheepskin mitt.
Any dirt etc should be removed with a damp cloth after use.
Then re-apply Leathergel at least once a week to dry, clean leather. Apply to all surfaces.
Never use wet tack.
Do NOT use any products containing alcohol (such as spray soap), glycerine (eg saddle soap) or oil (including neatsfoot) on this saddle. Any colour loss or damage to the leather caused by these products will not be covered by the saddle’s guarantee.
If your saddle gets wet (in the rain or on the XC course for eg) allow the leather to dry naturally. Do not use external heat sources.
Check regularly that all four gullet bolts and the two panel screws remain tight.
Rapide Leathergel is readily available online. This is the only product we recommend for the care and maintenance of your Fairfax saddle.