The Defiance DSB Dressage saddle has a deep seat with a narrow twist, hand made in fine English Tradition from craftsmen Master Saddlers.
They use 100% English Wool Flock and Sedgewick English Leather on a Wood Steel tree. The older this saddle gets the more mellow it becomes.
The block is angled to allow more freedom of movement in the thigh area and designed without a skirt on the saddle to allow closer contact between you and your horse.
The panel on this saddle is compact which gives a great fitting range for most horses especially our modern day horses which are more athletic and compact. The saddle has a forward balance seat.
The Saddles come with three girth points so that the point that is not required can be removed as all horse's have a different girth position and require different positioning of the girth which best suits your horse.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts