Luc Childeric DHE Dressage Saddle is a hand crafted French dressage saddle with ultra close contact between the horse and rider and manufactured using a wood tree made from aged Birch wood to obtain maximum flex and movement with the horse.
The DHE Luc Childeric saddle is crafted from the finest quality Buffalo leather. This leather when new looks like suede but with use will quickly go smooth. Click on the image and see that there are no stitching holes from where they hand stitch their seats into the saddle having control over the tension of the stitch.
The DHE Luc Childeric saddle has a balance point more forward than the other models of Luc Childeric. The flaps are angled. The Luc Childeric DHE is usually more suitable for a compact type of horse.
The DHE Dressage Saddle is equipped with a very hollow seat for a deep and very framing seat. Large front cleat wraps for great leg support. This mono-quarter dressage saddle has V-straps for a perfect fit on the horse's back. This saddle allows an excellent distribution of supports.
This model has been designed for the competition and the daily work of the sport horse.
If needed these saddles can be made with custom designed panels to accommodate a horse that might need a little bit different panel because of the shape of the back. These handcrafted saddles are manufactured with the utmost care. There is approximately thirty two hours in creating this saddle.
The size of the Childeric tree cannot be adjusted. Minor adjustments can be made with pure wool felt shims by a Childeric trained saddler.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts