High Traction, Greater Support for the Traditional / Performance Minded Rider
MDC Hunter Classic™ has all the features of the top of the line MDC Sport Classic™ with a traditional stirrup leather opening. The MDC Hunter Classic™ features our ultra-low profile tread and is practically invisible in the show ring, allowing all the benefits of our advanced tread with the classic lines of traditional stirrups. The MDC Hunter Classic™ is an extremely versatile stirrup as it is suitable for all traditional riding disciplines: Hunters, Jumpers, Equitation, Dressage and Polo.
Lighter than our standard models, but still having enough weight to allow your stirrups to hang true without the “fly away” effect of overly light stirrups. Compared to the competition, the MDC Hunter Classic™ is more versatile, better priced and is stronger than plastic.
- Traditional sides provide the appropriate look for all traditional riding disciplines
- Ultra-low profile, high traction wide aluminum tread with 45º easy retrieval trailing edge
- Traditional stirrup leather opening
- Optional traditional width aluminum tread available
- Lighter weight
- Available in 3 sizes (4.5, 4.75 & 5 inches)
- Ideal for Jumping, Dressage, Eventing, Polo, Endurance and Trail Riding
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts