Acavallo Shaped Non Slip Pad. This Shaped therapeutic anti slip gel pad is made thicker than the light weight pad - giving it a dual purpose both anti-slip and shock absorbing. It can be used directly onto the skin or between a numnah and the saddle.
This special gel is non-toxic hyperallergenic and will not react adversley to the skin. It will stop any unwanted movement of the saddle both back and forth or side to side. A real asset if saddles rotate on the rounder horses and ponies!
These pads are shaped and moulded to the saddle with a slightly thinner depth of gel running down the centre of the pad allowing the gel to sit up in the gullet rather than pushing down on the wither and spine.
This gel can also be cut to the size of the saddle if needed. Show riders often cut it to half inch inside the profile of the saddle to appear as if there is nothing under the saddle - when in fact there is a very nice shock absorbing non-slip layer! The active soft gel can be machine washed (30 degrees) or by hand in a bucket of water with a little detergent.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts