A Hybrid saddle with external knee blocks The T8 Surface Block Saddle by Thorowgood is made from Synthetic with a leather seat, knee roll and thigh pad. This saddle is available in a Medium Panel or High Wither Panel with seven gullet variations.
You also have three different girthing positions to accomodate for where your horse's girthing position is which we have no control over but we can make it to sit in a better position by the use of these different girthing positions.
The T8 is made in England by quality English craftsmen and women. The saddle is packed with 100% British wool flock panels which have access holes under the saddle for easy access for a qualified saddle fitter or saddler to make adjustments if necessary.
You have seven different gullets for this saddle. Clean your saddle regularly with a damp sponge moistened with water and put Rapide cream on the leather sections of the saddle.
Medium Wither Panel
The Medium profile panel is wool flocked and offers closer rider contact and remarkable saddle stability, while the open-headed tree is suited to a wide variety of conformations.
Low Profile Panel
Tailor-made to allow the broader horse to work in comfort, the low profile panels offer closer rider contact, making this the best solution for the low withered horse doing flatwork.
High Wither Panel
Tailored for high withered horses such as Thoroughbreds and Warmbloods, with an open headed tree and panels specially shaped to give maximum wither clearance.
These saddles feature a surface-mounted knee block which are contoured to provide enhanced in-saddle security for the rider without restriction of the knees.
- The dressage specific tree is designed to help you perfect your dressage seat, making schooling and competing more satisfying.
- The quality leather seat and knee pads give the feel of riding on an all leather saddle without the expense.
- The panel is English wool flocked and offers closer rider contact and remarkable saddle stability.
- There are three girthing options which enable the saddle to be girthed according to the horse’s movement.
- Use the Thorowgood R Bar gullet only.
All materials sourced in England and Manufactured in England
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts