LeMieux Shoc Air XC Boots
Representing the cutting edge of cross-country protection & design, the new ShocAir boots combine the latest developments in material and fabric advancement. These specialist performance boots have been designed to withstand the rigours of cross-country. Vented EVA mould technology gives pliable strength and air flow to the outer shell. Whilst, optimum strike protection is provided by a new impact responsive smart layer between the tendon and the outer boot. This Shoc smart layer is composed of impact responsive Dilettante material containing free-form molecules that remain supple & flexible when not under pressure. However, at the point of impact the molecules articulate and lock together forming a hard, protective shock absorbing barrier, only returning to a flexible state when pressure is released.
This elusive combination of strike protection & tendon support combined with flexibility & air flow come together in one lightweight boot. The ShocAir from LeMieux is truly setting new standards in flexible cross-country protection.
Rigid tendon guards are now replaced by vertical strips of Shock Impact Responsive material that remains pliable until point of impact
The forward facing outer air vents and inner lining of 3D mesh optimises breathability. Complimented by a soft stretch cotton inner lining to ensure comfort and prevent rubbing.
Info & Care
IMPORTANT FITTING INFORMATION
Please be aware that correct fitting is essential for the optimum use of Shoc Air Boots. To achieve a safe & secure fit these cross-country boots need to be put on firmly. Remove from packaging and squeeze the strike guards between fingers to shape prior to putting on. The guards are often flattened when packaged and need to be made more pliable for best fitting.
Place the strike guard at the back of the tendon with a cupped hand.
Firmly apply the top, middle and bottom straps in succession
Once happy with position of boots go back and re-tighten the middle moulding-strap with its elasticated section. This is very important as it takes up any slack in the boot where the leg is narrower and prevents rotation.
The bottom strap should be slightly angled down to ensure best fit round the fetlock.
Note: Due to the structure of the boot and the nature of the Shoc Impact Responsive material it is difficult to over-tighten these boots.
LeMieux Care Guide
- LeMieux boots are easily machine washable at a low temperature (preferably 30 degrees).
- A washing tablet/capsule can be used.
- Ensure all velcro is fastened together and clip straps are attached prior to washing.
- Air dry near a heat source, never tumble dry.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts