Designed for the active horse, offering style, durability and maximum fabric performance. A number of innovative design features have been incorporated in this a fantastic pad.
The classic Close-Contact cut from LeMieux is designed to fit a wide range of more forward cut jumping saddles. Now one of the most iconic jumping pads with its high wither, elasticated D-Ring tabs, signature teardrop girth protection area and swept back profile. These saddle pads offer a very sleek and professional look to anyones saddle. The premium cotton top side is complimented by new super soft Bamboo lining which absorbs & controls sweat under the saddle and is beautifully comfortable and secure - minimising friction even on sensitive skinned horses. Girth keepers incorporate inner locking loops to offer more girthing options.
There are several attractive colours with more new ones being added seasonally and a selection of new Small/Med pads to accommodate smaller saddles.
These top end designed pads are ideal for everyday or competition use. They also look great when combined with a LeMieux Half Pad creating a very smart look.
The new super soft Bamboo inner lining has extraordinary properties:
- Exceptionally soft and light with similar feel to blend of cashmere & silk
- Breathable and cool to wear with natural wicking, deodorising and anti-microbial
- Often described as having the strength of steel with softness of cotton
- Incredibly hydroscopic; controls sweat, absorbing more moisture than pure cotton & polyester fibres
- Easy to wash and dries faster than normal lining fabric
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts