The New straight cut Dressage Half Pad by LeMieux. Deeper straight cut front edge designed to accomodate and contour all dressage saddles. Button hole slits positioned on the front edge allows for neat combination with all LeMieux D-Ring saddle pads. This combination means the standard velcro straps on the Half Pad can be removed if desired.
These high quality Half Pads are 100% natural Australian Merino lambskin - the wool is much denser and softer than the older sheep wool used in many rival numnahs. The new clear spine is swept up at the wither relieving pressure on the spine and allowing air flow. Half Pads are best sellers because they can be used with any cut of saddle. They can be used on top of a thin cotton square or straight onto the horses back.
If washed carefully on a wool cycle (max 30 degrees), or by hand, with LeMieux Wool Wash or non-biological powder or liquid these lambskin pads will last for years. Always air dry.
DO NOT tumble dry or place directly on a heat source.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts