Friction Free Lycra Hood:
Keep your horse clean and comfortable in the stable or travelling with the new Friction Free Lycra Hood from LeMieux.
The anatomic four-way stretch design provides ultimate fit and comfort.
Features include an elasticated nose and durable velcro fastening, with a robust neck zip and an elasticated clip closure for ease of fitting.
The anatomic cut is specifically designed to contour the shoulder and chest area to maximise comfort.
Eye holes are positioned so as not to ride up and interfere with when eating at low level.
The strong durable YKK zips imported from Germany are covered by a sturdy zip guard in the chest which finishes under the chin so as not to interfere with head. This protects the zip against wear in the stable.
The Hi-Grip anti lint velcro closure finishes under the muzzle, this durable alternative to standard velcro has stronger fastening properties whilst not gathering debris.
Elastic strap which passes between legs has multi loop design to allow for different depths of chest.
The belly strap design is adjustable in length with robust clip closure secures fit.
Please note: these Lycra Hoods are not suitable for turnout.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts