This fine English leather bridle, handcrafted in England by Master Craftsmen. The Bridle has a Crank style Hannovrian noseband which is padded along with the Headpiece and browband for added comfort of the horse. The Hannovrian noseband helps keep the horse's mouth closed and helps prevent the horse from crossing the jaw to acchieve a more effective action from the bit.
The Jeffries Premium range have all the hides are carefully selected and inspected before going through scrupulos hand preparation. The leather is rounded and sealed on the edges to help protect the fibres from the elements and sweat, as well as ensuring comfort for the horse. They are stained and sealed, the leather is then buffed and polished to a fine sheen ready for stitching.
One person prepares the leather including marking it out, punching, edging, staining, veining and polishing. Stress Points are always double hand-stitched with hand waxed thread, ensuring security and strength. The Bridle is then hand-finished by the same person who prepared it originally including recreasing, blocking the keepers and sealing and polishing the stud lininings.
To maximize the longevity, safety and comfort of your bridle it is essential to clean it regulary (It is best to wipe the sweat off after each use with glycerine saddle soap always washing soap off after application) and to clean with a natural fat based leather dressing
*Reins not included.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts