The Jeffries IR Premium range bridle features a shaped padded headpiece that is designed to curve away from the base of the ear. This benefits any horse that may be sensitive around the poll area or have a specific problem with their ears. The reduction in pressure and rubbing around the poll area can also keep the horse more relaxed and create less tension in the neck. The premium range by Jeffries is the bench mark for British manufacured saddlery. All hides for Premium bridles are carefully selected and inspected before going through scrupulous hand preparation.
The bridle is rounded and sealed edges to help protect the fibres from the elements and sweat, as well as ensuring comfort for the horse. It is stained and sealed, the leather is then buffed and polished to a fine sheen ready for stitching.
One person prepares the leather including the marking out, punching, edging, staining, veining and polishing. Stress points are always double hand stitched with hand waxed thread, ensuring security and strength. All products sold in the premium range are manufactured by the best craftsmen and women using the finest English leather produced by expert equestrian curriers in the UK.
To maximize the longevity, safety and comfort of your saddlery, it is essential to clean it regularly we suggest remove the sweat after each ride with a cloth and saddle soap. Then clean regularly when needed with a natural fat based leather dressing.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts