Gentle Bridles – Connect with your horse in comfort and style.
The Gentle bridle is designed to fit based on the anatomy of the individual horse through its unique bilateral three ring adjustment system – this means the bridle will find the most natural place to sit on your horse/pony’s head decreasing pressure on the sensitive areas.
The hinge brow band and noseband fit around the shape of the skull making it stable while retaining the look of a conventional bridle. All points in contact with the horse have been padded and all fittings allow bilateral adjustment for maximum comfort. The placing of the bridle avoids as far as possible the superficial branches of the trigeminal nerve, the stimulation of these nerves has been associated with some forms of headshaking.
The bridle is hand made in top quality Sedgewick leather in England and is offered with patent noseband and/or brow band. When you order a Connect bridle four parts must be ordered, head piece, brow band, noseband and cheek pieces. These can varied in sizes appropriate to the shape of your horse/pony, this flexibility allows you at achieve the best fit possible. The Connect bridle is designed to give your horse the best possible experience of wearing a FEI approved competition legal bridle.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts