Pro Mesh and foam lining are breathable and include an intergrated layer to stop sand and dirt from passing through. The strike guard and lining provide excellent impact and abrasion protection. These boots can stretch slightly to allow for fetlock and joint movement. The hexagonal holes reduce weight but offer strength, flexibility and air flow.
The lining will not absorb water that can increase boot weight and contribute to the boot slipping or turning. Pro Mesh material is extremely tough, tear resistant and can take punishment. Made with PEBAX® Flexi Strike Guard, it is one of the lightest and most durable materials in the world for repetitive use flexibility. Used in high end sports equipment, PEBAX® will not shatter like stiff plastic and carbon fibre. Innovative strike design conforms to any horse's leg for a perfect fit. Non laminated for excellent non-slip performance when wet or dry. Glove soft feel and good durability.
Naturally hypoallergenic polyolefin foam is perforated for air flow in and out of the boot. Foam resists mould and bacterial growth, these Cross Country Boots are specifically designed for the front legs and back boots for the back legs.
- Breathable Pro Mesh
- PEBAX® Flexi-Strike Guard
- Protects, supports, flexible
- Water resistant
- Green, Clean, Safe
- Resists mould and bacteria
- Pro Mesh and PEBAX®
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts