Fairfax developed this saddle with 2014 WEG team silver medallist Gareth Hughes who wanted a saddle that allowed him to feel a greater connection with his horse without restricting the ability to give the subtlest aids or make minute adjustments.
The Gareth Monoflap benefits from all the features common to every saddle in the Performance range plus the following performance-enhancing details:
- The seat is more forward in order to precisely align the rider more in over the horses centre of balance.
- The Unique design and placement of the billets gives the saddle fitter two adjustment options to fine-tune the fit to the horses shape and movement
- Three thicknesses of adjustable shoulder blocks allow the rider to sit squarely on a horse with asymmetrical shoulders while allowing the horse to move freely underneath, building up muscle without restriction. Simply use the thicker block on the side with less muscle
- A recess in the flap allows the riders upper leg to form a closer contact with the horses side without any uncomfortable rubbing.
- Surface mounted thigh blocks designed to give the rider enhanced support without restricting their position.
- Full grain calf leather for an instant pre-broken-in feel.
All materials sourced in England and Manufactured in England
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts