Lungeing and Long Reining Dane Rawlins
Lunging and Long Reining/Improving your Dressage Test. Double DVD Collection
Dane Rawlins is one of the UK's foremost international dressage riders and trainers and has a considerable reputation for training both horse and rider. Dane is very well qualified to help you improve your dressage test. He firmly believes that "dressage is a wonderful disipline and wonderful Sport".
In this progame he shares his enthusiasm and expertise with you to help give you a greater level of enjoyment and satisfaction when riding a dressage test- which can be a daunting experience for even the top professionals! With the help of informative graphics and several different horses and riders he shows you that with careful preparation at home and a basic understanding of the test and its movements you can start to gain those vital extra marks.
All aspects of Novice and Elementary tests are explained in detail plus hints on learning the test riding corners and using the arena to your advantage. Dane shares a wealth of useful tips from how to work in effectively to the judgements you have to make in the arena when things go wrong. He emphasises that there both negative and positive sides to problems and shows you how to get the best out of these situations when they inevitable arise - "don't get tied up in problems but get tied up in solutions instead". Dressage competitions should be more of a pleasure than an ordeal.
This programmed will help give you the confidence to ride your dressage tests more efficiently and successfully.
Duration: Approximately 70 minutes.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts