A boot like no other. Ariat's innovative Vortex displays superior athletic capability for the rider who is looking to perform at their very best. Offering support, flexibility and elegant modern detailing, the Vortex is made of a premium calf leather upper with an oiled leather inner calf panel and stretch lining.
Featuring Ariat's premium NITRO technology for flawless performance and Shock Shield technology for shock absorption and all-day comfort, the Vortex also comes with a lightweight Pebax® frame for heel and mid-foot torsional stability and a Duratread outsole with rider tested traction zones for maximum wear resistance.
Additional features include a full length elasticised panel on the lateral side, a behind-the-knee mobility curve, full length, premium quality coiled YKK® zipper with updated positioning for a better fit and a flexion gore over the instep. Innovative, unique and technologically advanced, this boot gives riders the foundation needed for peak performance.
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts