This saddle offers an alternative to our Compact GP – it has wider, flatter seat and will suit you if you like the feel of ‘more room’ in the seat, or if you are slightly wider in the hips.
All Kent & Masters saddles share the features below. This S-Series Universal GP benefits from superior craftsmanships and higher specification design details for a truly luxurious feel and appearance. It also features the following details:
- Full length, generous front gussets.
- A generous panel with a good bearing surface, and wide channel for spine clearance.
- Standard-wither gullet depth for horses with a medium wither profile .
- An alternative seat shape to the Compact GP which makes it a viable option for those who find the neat, compact seat doesn’t suit them.
- Velcro knee and calf blocks under the flap which can be positioned to suit your leg length and position. Ghosted stitching on the knee pad helps it contour neatly around the block and ensures added comfort
- Changeable girthing arrangement which allows saddle stability to be optimised instantly
Need help on Sizing?
Note: Please bear in mind that every horse is different and this table is a guide only. We have many different styles to suit all shapes and sizes. New Zealand & Euro sizes are measured from the top of the horse. (Withers to tail. C-D) UK, USA & Australian sizes are measured at the bottom of the horse. (From the centre of the chest to the rear. A-B)
How to Choose The Right Fit
The fit of your rug is very important to ensure the optimal comfort and ease of movement for your horse. Since horses of the same height at the wither come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it is useful to take careful measurements of your horse to choose the right size rug.
Using a soft tape measuring tape, measure from (A) t the centre point of the chest, across the point of the shoulder and to the point (B) the rear of the hind legs where you would like the rug to finish.
How do I know that I have the right fit
A well fitting rug will not move or rub your horse.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened on the first or second hole, leaving a small gap. Further back than this the horse may need a larger size.
- The neck line should sit well up on the neck clear of the shoulder with the shoulder gussets correctly positioned on the point of the shoulder.
- The rug should finish at the top of the tail for most horses (the tail flap will then cover the rest)
- Leg straps are looped through each other loose enough to prevent chaffing but not loose enough to hang any where near the horses hocks.
- Leg strap clips should face inwards to the horse to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards.
Ariat Tall Boots Size Charts